Saturday, November 07, 2009

Cooked....
Big week in the books with three, five hours days on the bike. You would think that wouldn't be too hard after a 24 hour race but it was at a much faster pace. I started all three days with a fast group ride and then veered off with other crazy people that wanted to go long. The good thing is it's eating and taper time. I always hated the word taper, last year I started riding around now, two weeks out from the Tour de Tucson. But I have learned alot since last year. Eating is huge! I always thought after the long 5 hour rides that I would reward myself by eating crap. But I have really been doing something right because I feel awesome. As soon as I get home I will down a fruit smoothie and today I ate a whole plate of raw veggies with hummus. Then an hour later a real meal. Hear is a new way to eat beans and rice. Rice pasta, red beans, artichokes, peas, olives, tomatoes, parmesan, oil and vinegar. It has been perfect weather 80-90's for a high. While most people are getting snow and cooler temps, people are still raging on a bike here, it is crazy.
We are finally starting to plan our last push of remodeling the house, Kevin was so excited he crawled up in the attic with his mask and knee pads for a while.

We got a really good estimate for cement and a back porch over hang, so that is one less thing we have to worry about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home