Thursday, October 22, 2009

Higher pain tollerance = MOAB
Check out the video below for an idea of what a 24 hour race is, I felt just like Josh my last two laps with no one to cry to because I was unsupported and he did 5 more laps then I did.


http://www.superhumanmag.com/content/view/1632/48/

Finally feeling more then lively as Kevin and I went out for an awesome ride today around Rancho Vistoso. My pain tollerance seems to be even higher after putting myself through a 24 hour race. The race has come and gone and for a personal accomplishment I have learned so much. I might actually train for this next year with the following left fresh in my mind:

1. A support crew is a must, I had a table set up with bottles and food and just grabbed stuff when I came in, never sitting except to put on my knee warmers. (No one to warm my shammy butter...Sue)

2. Riding at night before a 24 hour race is crucial. I put my lights on all wrong and they were hitting my fork it was pretty funny. The last time I did a night ride was with Sue during our duo race a couple years ago. I had to walk almost 5 miles of the course at night because I was not comfortable riding slick rock. Walking a marathon in sidi bike shoes is not fun.

3. Absolutely do not wear the same shorts the whole time. I was thinking the more shammy butter caked in my shorts the better, not! My butt is still healing.

Overall it was the most awesome experience, moab was true mountain biking, it tested your skills when you least expected it. I was so thankful to not have a bad accident, with almost a crash every lap, with a very good endo into a sand pit that a bunch of people witnessed.

I think I might be hooked on the endurance racing, with next year in WV! We will see!

2 Comments:

Anonymous JoMama said...

You are my hero! Unbelievable course and endurance . . . !!! Thanks for the post and the video so we can see better!

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Nikki Dinger said...

Girlfriend, you are truly the toughest chic I know! You're an animal! I can honestly say that nobody has yet filled your shoes as most awesome training partner!
:-)

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home