Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The best time of year........
We had a fun weekend, we woke up early to race the Tour de Tucson. Kevin and I were wearing matching (Pink) XOOD kits and it was our first race together. It was more stress free this year since I did it last year and I kind of knew what to expect and seeing Kevin and all the other local guys in the group put me at ease like it was a group ride. We only had minor mishaps with Kevin going down once and us both getting caught up behind a crash, but we both made it through safe and no flats. Kevin got 31st and I got 69th out of 8,000+ riders. We were both pretty happy. I was excited that I could possibly win this thing when the group of guys that I was in, said I was the first girl and then another group caught up to us on Oracle with one other girl in the mix. So we sprinted for the win, and I screwed it up. So I had to settle for second. I realized I have to be more aggresive and instead of saying on your right and on your left going into the finish, I have to yell "get out of my way" like the other girl! I guess she scared me:) We had a small get together after the Tour with some really good friends and lots of babies, so I got my fix.
Sunday, Kevin and I used our last bit of energy to hike, it is amazing how perfect the weather is this year, and we look forward to cross training more. This week we get to have Thanksgiving with the Stephen's and then meet my brother Tav up at the Grand canyon and Flagstaff for some hiking. We can't wait.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Nikki Dinger said...

Girl, you are a freaking bad ass!!! Second place female in El Tour is AMAZING!!! I'm so proud of you!!! Way to go!!!!

5:40 PM  
Blogger jjcasey@hawaii.edu said...

unreal, you guys rock!!! what is this I hear about a return to Hawaii?

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home