Monday, April 20, 2009

Arizona Crit Championship

Jessica Munson, the cute pregnant one below, sent me these pictures of our D4W Specialized team, me, Mel and Angi and the next one is almost our whole team. We just got our new jerseys, it was like Christmas, we got helmets, glasses, jerseys, shorts, skin suits, pink arm warmers and vests. I love this team, Maggie my teammate and manager does such a great job

Yesterday was crazy, I got off a 12 hour night shift and headed to Phoenix for a 50 min Crit race. My friend Judy drove because I probably would of crashed. The race was crazy with a few girls going down and two of my team mates. Kathryn went down in 180 degree turn that was in the race and Carrie went down in the Cat 4 race. Erica drove up with Judy and I and was feeling good in the race. A girl from another team crashed right in front of me in the last corner. I prepared to go down and unbeleivably I jumped over her rear wheel, it was crazy, I am glad I am a mountain biker. Erica on the other hand was not so lucky and got taken out in that same corner. She skinned her face up pretty good, but no broken bones. I don't know about these crits, the last two races people have gone down and I hate it, it is hard to continue after you see it. Anyway I think I finished 3rd or 4th but more happy about not crashing. Kevin gets home this evening and we are preparing for Whiskey 50 mountain bike race this weekend and then I leave for Tour de Gila. Should be fun, and then I am done racing for a while, I can start running again, I can't wait.


Angi and Jess trying to stay cool in almost 100 degree temps in Phoenix yesterday.




Kipp taking care of Erica on the U of A team after another girl took her out in the last corner. Her face was skinned up and chipped a couple teeth.








Sadly, Carrie went down in the Cat 4 race and hurt her sholder, but she was still smiling, no broken bones. I think she was smiling because the drugs kicked in.




Mel and Chris hanging out after the Crit, Erica in the back getting cleaned up.







A small group broke away early in the Pro/1 race, Paul Thomas and JR end up holding it for first and second.





Paul Thomas got 2nd in the Pro/1 race.


1 Comments:

Anonymous JoMama said...

Go sit on the couch and behave yourself! I love you and your cool self - little miss crash jumper! My interview went gr8 today - they really loved the goodwill clothes . . . I told them that my Tucson Lt. Daughter picked them out for me and I thought she bought them at Goodwill! I'll wear the same outfit on Wednesday to my next interview! Love you and miss you bunches - Hi Kevin - thanks for putting up with my DOT!

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home