Friday, April 12, 2013

11 Months ago today....I landed in Manas, scared, young, and naïve.
 
 I can't believe I have less then a month to go in Kabul.  The first couple months I was in shock that I would have to live here for a year.  After 11 months, I have grown as a person and am so thankful I have had this experience.  Today we joined together to workout together for a fallen hero that worked here at the Embassy, Anne.  She was an amazing person and only 25 when she lost her life.  I am so appreciative of how many wonderful people I have known since I have been here.  This last month is all about absorbing what I have learned over the year, appreciate the little things that really have made me the person I am today, and be with amazing friends that I have made while being here.

I am teaching stretch back in the Courtyard as the weather warms in Afghanistan.
 St Patty's with friends.
 Jazz Night in Kabul.
 New ISAF Commander, Gen Dunford.  I am finally the one that has been here the longest, with all new faces.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new post! I love you Dear Daughter and Ann and her family will be in my daily prayers . . . can't wait to see you and can't wait to hear that you are back on USA soil. You have made your family very very proud!!!

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home