Thursday, September 13, 2012

Only two more of these left!

 
1/3 DONE in AFGHANISTAN
 
OK now I am getting excited.  One more of these and we will be here.
New Zealand South island for R&R.

And another one after that I will be home.  Back to Hawaii touring the islands, before I hopefully PCS back to Arizona for my final year of the military.


This month has been pretty much working Afghan Visa's and Passports, CrossFit, and teaching Spin, stetch and Core classes.
My partner Vanessa and I won the CrossFit Competition at Camp Phoenix it was so fun.  Hopefully I can post a video so you can see what it entails.


We had a fun 80's party here in Kabul, it gave me a chance to try and get my bangs high like the old days.  I am glad I don't have to use that much hairspray anymore.
 
We ran a 5K at Eggers on Sept 11th.  I chaised down some girl for the win.  It has been so hard to do anything at 6500ft, but I am looking forward to getting back at sea level and raging.
 
 The morning stretch classes that I teach are growing and I am going to miss the grass as winter approaches here in Kabul.
 
 
 9/11 in Afghanistan really hit home this week, of why I am here and remembering the hero's that have lost their lives.  I never thought I would say this, but this deployment is going to be a life changing experience.  Gen Allen, Ambassador and my boss Gen Otey in the background.

 We take our freedom for granted.  I work with the best people here in Afghanistan I am so lucky.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your post! Thanks bunches, I've been anxiously checking the website:) New Zealand will be quite the R & R and I would love to see pics of that too! Congrats on your winning and it looks like it took alot of work to accomplish that! I really appreciate that you have all those gr8 people around you for support. I love you Dear Daughter.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Great job lady, you are such an inspiration and I wish I could work out with you!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Architreks said...

Spring, I am so humbled by you and your hard work and dedication! Thanks for the update, I love the 80's bangs! We miss you girl!

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home