Sunday, December 11, 2011

Life is amazing!
This is how I feel after my recent crash down Makakilo Hill....I am so fortunate, life is really good!

This is my bike after the crash, totalled. I am so lucky!


Last Wed I was riding down Makakilo Hill headed to work and some lady pulled out in front of me, it happened so fast that all I could do was brace for impact and I hit the back of her truck and flipped and landed on my back. I think I closed my eyes because I just remember landing and looking at my legs, they hit the truck so hard I thought they were broken. I couldn't move them. I was so angry and scared, the lady stopped and I said how could you not see me, I had the brightest light. The ambulance came and scooped me up and when the doctor told me I got off good, only a fractured wrist, a few stiches and bruised swollen legs. I was so happy! Given another chance. This has been an eye opening experience....oh and I rode today. Almost back to 100%

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Spring!!!!! Oh my gosh!!!!!! That must have been so scary. But so so so glad you're ok. I'm doing a jump cuz I'm so happy you're still with us! Definitely could have had a much worse outcome, so YAY!

Hugs to you my lucky friend!
Lisa

11:20 PM  
Blogger Melanie Colavito said...

Oh Spring! Sorry to hear about that, but I'm very glad you are ok. That's great news! Heal up quick, girl!

- Melanie

7:55 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

oh my goodness lady. I am so stoked you are okay... amen!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home