Monday, February 09, 2009

First local Pro race!
As a Meteorologist if you forecast rain all weekend and it is sunny then everyone appreciates a beautiful day so much more. Saturday was perfect weather for the race up at McDowell park. I ended up third after chasing Jen and Sara for a while. I realized I have one speed, with not doing much top end workouts. But I had the most fun racing that I have had in a while. I was confortable the whole time, meaning I probably didn't push my self as hard as I should of. The rain finally came Sat night and into Sunday morning just in time for the Crit that our team put on. I was so amazed people were showing up to race in a torrential downpour. In my later years I have realized the difference between hard core and crazy. But it is nice to see new riders like the juniors get the most excited, weather never phases them. I raced the Cat 123 race with the closest race of the day being me and this girl Sabrina hitting the line at the same time for first and second. It was alot of fun to get some sprinting efforts in before Valley of the Sun next weekend. I got to hang out with all my new teammates on the Specialized D4W team and they were so much fun. It is going to be a great season. Sunrise at McDowell!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my daughter! It looks like you hurt your shin on your left leg - I hope you are taking good care of all of your body parts! I love you and miss you Miss almost Birthday Princess! Love, Mom xoxo

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I for one, am ready for a new post . . . how did the 3 dayer go?? in Phoenix and how did Kevin do in Tucson? Inquiring bloggers would like to know . . .

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home