Wednesday, July 07, 2010

TRI-DORK!
Between 12 hours mids and being a flt commander, I have very little time, so I try to make the most of every other weekend. Even though I have no time to train, I enter these races with absolutely no expectation but to have fun. FREEDOM FEST at the ranch was amazing.
A great crowd here in hawaii, alot of good prizes for a non profit race that all proceeds went towards Red cross and American cancer society. I met the coolest people.

Alot of people just camped over night because the Mtn bike race was on Sat and the Off road Tri was on Sunday.
To top off the amazing weekend, I won the tri race, and now consider myself a Tri-dork. I forgot how fun trialthlons are, it has been about 5 years since I have done one, but it really pushes you to see what you got. I got second in the Mtb race, my rear brake went out during the race and it was scetchy, muddy, recked 10 times, just glad I survived.

Amazing landscape pics from Hawaiiracephotos.com, Colin an awesome photographer.
Next weekend I plan on doing the pineapple road race, we will see how far this non training will get me. Should be fun!
Oh, and can you believe the views I have to deal with, yuck! :)
Kevin gets here on the 23rd of July can't wait!

3 Comments:

Anonymous JoMama said...

YeeHaw! You are VICTORIOUS! I will pay for a name change to Victorya! Congrats! You did it again! Good Luck on the Pineapple and thanks for the post showing all the goodies . . . those are really cool and it's great to know that you're helping the cause and those are 2 very worthy causes . . . Keep up the great work! I hate the wrecks though! Love you and miss you bunches!

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Nikki Dinger said...

Hey lady! Nice job on the tri! You crack me up with your no-training-but-still-kicking-ass ways! :-) I love your photos from the tri! You look super fit and fast...which, of course, you are. :-) So glad you've hooked up with Christina...perfect training partner!!
Miss ya!
Nik

1:30 PM  
Blogger La Famiglia Lo Greco said...

ok tri dork! first of all, nikki...i don't think spring doesn't train...she is out there doing some crazy insane run, ride or swim always! you rock...both of you. i on the other hand am a big fat lazy person! hee hee

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home