Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Incredible day up Mt Wrightson
You don't get this opportunity too often in Tucson to hike in freezing rain and snow. My days off this week fell on two crappy weather days in Tucson. With those damn Meteorologist forecasting 70% chance of rain and snow above 7000 ft. I was determined to hike Mt Wrightson rain or shine. So I set out today in my waterproof everything in the rain. It quickly turned to snow and then an incredible scene near the top, freezing rain covered everything. It was so amazing. No other crazy person was on the trail, and Kevin had to work today so I was a bit scared a few times with the gusty winds and iced over trees that I had to walk under. But I made it to the top, pure adreniline of what I was seeing kept me going. As the sky started to open up my batteries died, way too many ice pictures. It was an unreal day. The ice already started melting on the way down, so I couldn't of timed it more perfect. I got my winter fix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home