Saturday, November 04, 2006

I made it to sin city today, I'll be up here a month for work. I'm at Spring's brothers house Tavis, hopefully we'll be able to hang out some while I'm here. I checked out lake Mojave today, its a lake about 1.5 hrs to the south of Vegas, its supposed to have the best kiting for this area, we'll see. I'm checking out the Vegas road scene tomorrow, I'm going to do the group ride in the morning. I talked to a few shops and it sounds like there's a decent cycling scene here. The last two weekends have been really good. Two weeks ago I did the Bisbee stair race, it took me six days to get recovered but it was fun. After the5k there was a short stair race called the iceman, you carry an eight lbs block of ice up 151 stairs as fast as you can. Mr Steve "Ice Man" Till crushed everyone and took home the $100 price. Last weekend I attend the bacholer party of Matt Nelson, a person I only met about a month ago but feel as if we go way back, he's definitely one of the coolest people I've ever met. This was no means a normal bacholer party, it involved riding mtb's from Kentucky Camp on the Arizona trail to Patagonia, camping that night then hiking from camp up to Mt Wrightson and down Madara Canyon. I ended up shuttling a vehicle to the other side of the Santa Rita's and coming up Madara Canyon. The joke of the weekend was how we always started out late or modified the plans but for some strange reason everything just kept working out. Hopefully my room has internet connection so I can keep you up to date with the vegas adventures, I'll find out tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home