Friday, October 13, 2006

Sorry I've been slacking lately with the posts, it sucks not having your own computer. I went up to Show Low for the Tour of the White Mountains last weekend. It ended up raining for several days before the event so Todd had to improvise the course alittle bit, well, really alot. The single track was way too muddy to use. After last years disaster when only 6 people finished, I think he made the right call. He decided to use the 35 mile course loop which is basically 35 miles of fire road. There would be 35 mile, 70 mile and 105 mile options. The race basically turned into a 105 mile dirt road race on mountain bikes. The race went well but it got pretty brutal toward the end. Chris Latham and I ended up breaking away on the 3rd lap for a "fun" two hour race pace rotation. I knew Chris from racing the Arizona series over 3 years ago, we hung out the night before the race so we had planned working together if it came down to it. We decided to cross the line together and tie for the win. We finished at just over 6hrs, we where both glad to be done when it was over. After the race Todd said that there can't be a tie so they came up with a plan. Chris and I would race little kids bikes around a tree and back at the awards ceremony, intoxication was encouraged, to decide who would be the "official" winner. Needless to say it was freakin hilarous, stay tuned for the video.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alrighty then, Can I just say ( and I'm sure everyone out there who knows you guys or just looks at your blogs will agree) that you and Spring are the most amazing, athletic, adventurous, non-working, slackers, who we would like to grow up ( or not grow up) to be someday. I feel priviledged just to know you. Congrats on the win in the Whiteys and I hope we get to see you guys soon. Kim and Rob

8:38 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

I second the above butt kissing. You guys rock...

cant wait for more and some video!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home