Thursday, September 14, 2006

I'm not quite home yet but I'm getting closer, I decided to spend a few extra days in Flagstaff before heading to Old Pueblo on Saturday. Thanks to John and Adam I was able to download the massive amount of picture I have and post a few, it sucks not having a computer. The past two weeks have been awesome. It started out with a four day river trip down the San Juan River from Bluff, Utah to Mexican Hat with Mr. Steve Till. I didn't know it when I signed up, but the trip was a volunteer trip with the Grand Canyon Trust. We spent a day and a half documenting and photographing several ancient Indian ruins with some local Archeologists that knew everything about the area. We had tons of fun and learned alot. One of the couples on the trip are building a house on the beach down in La Ventana Mexico, they happen to be kiters and it happens to be a kiting mecca in Mexico. I think I know where I'm going this winter when the winds pick up. After the river trip, I spent a day in Durango, did an awesome 6yr death ride at over 10,000ft and headed to Denver to pick my brother up for a week of riding in the Colorado Mts. The trip went awesome, it was definitly one of the best trips I've ever had. The last time my brother and I hung out we where with alot of other family members, it was good to get some good quality camping time with him. We ended up hitting about every place we wanted to and got tons of riding in. I think I spent about a week and a half at 8,000 ft or higher, should be perfect training for the tour of the white mts mtb race I'm doing in October. Don't worry Spring I had tons of fun but I was still missing you. I almost feel quilty having this much fun when Spring is slaving away in the beautiful Biloxi Mississippi, almost, not quite.  Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up in Colorado and this has to be one of the coolest pics I've ever seen. Nice!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home