Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I guess I can't complain.....
We got snow on the Mt. and on my only day off Kevin and I were climbing to the top of Mt Lemmon. We packed all our warm clothes and headed across town on Sunday. The cops closed the roads at the base of Mt. Lemmon because there was gravel on the road...What...I told them we were mountain bikers and we were willing to take the risk...they didn't care.
So we decided to ride across the wash up sunrise...swimming anyone?

I have been trying to fatten up Kevin for the winter, even with a pound of butter he loses weight.

Just about 10 more days of 12 hour shifts and then I am dreaming of paradise. Work has been hectic with Haiti support and training has decreased to 15 minutes on a stationary bike during lunch. Saturday I will be working 12 hours instead of racing the first race of the year the U of A crit. I was really sad about work and not riding but I try to put things in perspective all the people suffering in Haiti, no houses, showers, electricity, eating anything they can get thier hands on, we really do have it good. And with Hawaii coming up soon, how can I complain. If you think you had a bad day....Think again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home