Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I miss my mommy already!

I finally have a few days off work. Wow it seams like I have not had a weekend to relax in a while because all my racing. I only have one more race the beginning of June and then I will be trail running more because I miss it. I accomplished my goal this year of getting my upgrade to Cat 2 on the road and Pro mountain biker, that is the easy part, now my goal next year is not to get last. I will apply for the Armed Forces Team in Aug and hopefully get picked up with a little bit of sponsorship. My mom came out for a few days and we had alot of fun. She pinned my 1Lt bars on me. It was my first promotion/raise since I commissioned. We drove up to Flagstaff for the State finals mountain bike race. We got a nice A-frame cabin for the night. Flagstaff is beautful for the last race, although the course was not marked well and Jill and I got lost on the preride and I was hoping to have better luck during the race. Well I missed a lap and came in at 2 hours and the next girl came in at 3 hours. Two of us girls got lost, and lots of others, all well it made me realize that MBAA is not the goal I should be setting, they have disappointed too many times. I will just use those races next season for preparation for ones I have not done. I have been feeling good on the bike since Gila and have not had a chance to unleash and it is slowly fading. I think I peaked for a group ride and that was it:) Better planning next season I hope, it is all building me up to be a better cyclist which I have really enjoyed. I get to meet up with Kevin next weekend in El Paso and we are going to try to find some mountains to climb, I can't wait.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss my daughter MORE!

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on upgrading to Cat 2 and 1st LT Spring.

Bryant and Marianne

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home