Sunday, April 13, 2008

My hawaii adventure started at 3:30AM this morning, along with my friends Marianne and Byrant got up and took me to the race in Lanakai this morning. It was chilly for the locals but it felt good to me after living in Tucson for a while. I had a great race considering I have not swam or ran for a long time. I got 2nd in my age group and 11th overall out of 257 women. It was really fun and hI ad no expectations so I was not nervous at all, I was just there to have fun. The swim was the hardest with it being my first time to dip in the ocean in almost two years. The bike was really fun just trying to chase down as many people as I could, and then the run only a few girls passed me back, and I felt pretty good, because I was not saving much after the bike. I have been itching to get on a surf board again, so after the race I drove down to Barbers and rented an 8 foot rubber top board, ouch, hurt the stomach but had a good hour session before my stomach was so raw that I couldn't take it anymore. Man it was like riding a bike, I turned and caught one on my first try. Now I know what I have missed the most about Hawaii...surfing. Tomorrow, Bryant and I will comute with Marianne and then head up Tantulus, Manoa and Over the Pali for a nice long ride. Can't wait. Killer dinner again tonight salmon tacos and corn on the cob grilled with pina coladas. Yum

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen Sica said...

You're Awesome!! 11th place overall!?! wow. Sounds like you'll be in fine shape for the Gila and Bisbee.

Man, I wish I was surfing right now... just reading about it makes me envious. Catch a wave for me, ok?

I saw the canoe video, damn, that looks intense! Those waves were so big. You're one tough girl Spring.

Have a good week :)
Jen

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home