Monday, January 30, 2006

Here is me at the finish line in Hawaii Kai. We ended at Kona brewery it was pretty cool. The race was so fun, when I was starting I look around and there is at least 100 people around me. We started out by rabbit island and headed around Makapu'u. People were flipping all around me, because the water was like a washer machine. It was so exciting! I was with the big dogs now so it was all about survival. I finished 10th overall for the women and 3rd in my age group, I was pretty happy, I had a fairly clean race with only flipping once, and I know what to expect for the next race. The ladies that won were ripped and in the 40-50 age group. That means when I retire at 38, they better watch out. What a cool scene, you get exercise, sun, see whales, dolphins, turtles, and are amongst some of the coolest people. I almost forget I am racing!
 Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

You're so awesome Spring!!! Congrats on your race, heck, congrats on making it around Makapu'u!!! I always thought those people were crazy when I saw them paddling there, and now you're one of them! I must say, I'm pretty jealous, paddling was the one thing that I always wanted to do that I never did try while I was there. That's it! I'm starting a paddling race here, right now, I don't care if the water is ice, I'm paddlin on top of it! :) Miss you and Kevin so much, good luck on the rest of your LAST semester!! Can't wait for your visit!
Lisa

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spring, you rock star! You need to start taking paddling to a new level. You should start hitting people with your paddles when you're by them. It could be called extreme paddling or even ultimate paddling. You know how these Hawaiians love their ultimate fighting. I think it would catch on fast.

Hilary

4:20 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Ok, hilary, you need to stop watching the ultimate fighting crap on tv... seriously!

Ben

4:29 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

So are you guys laid up or something? Why no posting... come on take a trip or something...

Ben

4:30 PM  
Blogger KevinandSpring said...

Our camera took a shit. We're going to get a new one this weekend hopefully. I'm still doing my camera research.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home