Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Beans, Beans, good for your heart, the more you eat the more you fart...
The more you fart, the better you feel so let's eat beans for every meal...
My friend Bonnie, introduced me to Anasazi Beans, one of the few crops cultivated by Anasazi Indians in NM. She said I would crave them, which I do, she also said you don't fart, which we do. The house is like a big covered wagon:) Anyway, Kevin and I actually both had the day off today and did the group ride and then rode up Mt Lemmon, our first over 3 hour ride in months. We were rocked, we had to take a 3 hour nap to function again. Racing has been fun, I have a great team that teaches me the road tactics and we have alot of fun together. Kevin gets off of the midnight shift this week and is finishing up one of his classes for his Masters and I love my new job forecasting weather over Colombia. So our schedule will hopefully start meshing together soon. Next race up Tucson Bicycle Classic the first weekend of March, should be fun!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Covered wagons!!!!!! You guys are so funny :) Whatever you do, don't tell Ben about these beans! :)

Lisa

8:36 AM  
Blogger mark bandy said...

Aloha,
That looks awesome (and simple). What's the recipe?

thanks,
mb

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonnie wouldn't be telling you a lie so if you and Kevin are farting again it's not from the Anasazi Beans. You 2 love birds should have been among the pioneers moving west for as much time as you spend in covered wagons. Best wishes for your schedules meshing together and the upcoming race! And congrats again on your new awesome job! Miss you 2 love birds!

9:56 PM  
Blogger KevinandSpring said...

Recipe for the beans:
I put everything in a crockpot.
16 oz beans, 32 oz broth, red and yellow peppers, green chili's, crisp 4 pieces of turkey bacon, and sautee onions and garlic. Throw it all together and cook until tender, you really can't screw it up.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HaHaha!! I was just getting my Clegg fix via internet and can't believe all the Anasazi bean photos on here! It's good to see the bean dream live on and with each crockpot and subsequent gas leak at the Clegg-dome! You two may be farting more than normal if you are forgetting to skim the white, bubbly froth from the top of the water! The best way to steer clear of the covered wagon effect is to let the beans reach a rolling boil for about 20-30 minutes, skim the white foam off, then stick the crock lid on and let them slow cook. Anyway, that is what my mom does and it may work most of the time! Now, I'm craving beans!

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home