Monday, June 23, 2008

I finally made it over to Austin this past weekend, I definitely had it on my to do list before I left San Angelo and what better excuse to go than a Pro Crit in downtown Austin. I rolled out with my buddies Christian and Clint on Friday evening after class. We let Clint handle the hotel reservations and he didn't disappoint, we where two blocks from the Crit and a mile or so from the group ride. We where a few minutes late for the group ride and ended up missing it, at first we where bummed but we ended up riding with the Toyota United team which was pretty cool. Our story is we wore them out on the ride since Henk Vogels, Hilton Clarke and the Cuban missile could only pull a 2nd, 3rd and 4th despite easily controlling the end of the race. Austin is by far the coolest city in Texas, it has rivers, lakes, hills, trees, good restaurants and lots of fit people. If I had to live in Texas I'd pick Austin.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Thanks for thinking of us! Don't worry, we are doing fine in spite of the flooding, and RAGBRAI is still on as planned. You should let use know when you are in the Iowa City area. You are more than welcome to crash with us, or just hang out if the chance presents itself.

Thanks!
Robin

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home