Sunday, November 04, 2007


Havasupai to Colorado River

I had 4 days off before I start training on Monday and I will be on a regular shift for a while, Mon-Fri 7-3, until the end of Dec. So I decided to hike into Havasupai but make it down to the Colorado this time. Unfortunately Kevin had to work all 4 days that I had off, but I kept thinking of him when it got hard on the hike down to the river, I knew he would want to see it and he would tell me to suck it up:) I started out with my pack the heaviest it has been, even when I packed a whole turkey into the Napali Coast. It felt like I was carrying two small children on my back the whole time. I don't know what I was thinking, but I think I gained 5lbs in a couple days because I didn't want to pack it out again. Even though I can't walk now, I feel strong and proud to be a women. Tons of people could not believe that I was doing this by myself, and then being a female. Truthfully I never even thought about it, women need to toughen up out there.
Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures Spring. You sure have a sense of adventure.

Bryant and Marianne

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peace be with you always . . . Poor little tootsies . . .

11:10 PM  
Blogger Sajkovich said...

Amazing places! I think i will have to go there someday. Good work, ain't nothin to it, but to do it!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

AAaaa! You're awesome Spring, I'm so jealous....that hike is on my "To Do Before I Die" list and wish I could have done it with you! I was actually thinking of doing it while in town for our wedding, we'll see. Anyway, awesome pictures Spring!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Architreks said...

Freakin Gorgeous! You better take me there when Eth & come to visit...it's looking like late 2008 we will be heading your way!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

Get a Pedi!

I think I am one of those women who needs to toughen up!

Good job Spring - awesome pix. I'm going to send you kisses from the plane as we fly over Tucson :)
Hugs.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you may have just rocked the Casbah!

F'n awesome...

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home