Monday, May 14, 2007

Yet another sweet weekend in the books, we headed up to Prescott for the state finals race on friday afternoon, it was perfect timing considering it hit 100+ in Tucson and Phoenix this weekend. Prescott sets at about 6000 ft with plenty of pine trees, perfect setting for an mtb race. The course was super fun with lots of fast downhills and good climbing. Once again my race didn't go as planned, I was feeling super good then all of a sudden my chain decided to snap. I'm not sure where all this bad luck is coming from but it's getting pretty old, I guess the thing that really matters is my fitness is good at the moment. Congrats to Scott Keller for getting 2nd on the day and winning the overall AZ title. Spring once again had a good race and pulled a third, we where hoping to have her new bike built by the race but the frame came on thursday, she'll be rockin the new ride next week at the whiskey 50. Speaking of the whiskey 50, I stayed an extra day with Todd, Dejay, RJ and Ryan and we rode the course on Sunday, its a sweet course with lots of singletrack. I won't be attending the race because school officially starts for me on thursday with a 3 day pre-session class at the Marriot, my life's about to get even more busy, I'm anxious to see how much training and racing I'm going to be able to do once school starts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home