Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentines Day!

Even though I turned 30 today, it turned out to be a pretty memorable day. I really had a hard time getting motivated to go paddle, because I guess I am getting old, but I finally decided to go out on my boat this morning out of the Ala Wai, by Waikiki. I got out there and much to my surprise 50 dolphins, not kidding. They were all around me. They call them spinner dolphins because they jump out of the water vertically, nose first and spin. They also hit there fins on the top of the water and splash each other, like they were playing. It was so great, it was like they were giving me a show for my birthday. I just paddled around all of them and followed them for a while. I could get so close, it was one of those moments when you wish you had the camera. Hopefully I could give you some kind of a visual, it was amazing. I told some Hawaiian guy and he said, "you know that is good luck to see that many!" Well who could ask for a better birthday present. I guess 30 is not going to be so bad.

3 Comments:

Blogger AAO said...

of course they were there for you! hope you had a wonderful, wonderful birthday and we miss you and love you! Happy birthday, sweet pea!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Marianne and Bryant said...

Happy Birthday Spring. Believe me, they just keep getting better.

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kevinandspring that sounds so beautiful. I cant think of anyone who deserves more luck than you kevin. You created a great visual for me. Happy Birthday

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home